Organization: Maine Turnpike Authority
Position: Permitting Coordinator/Environmental Liaison
Visit the MTA website FMI.
Posted August 9th, 2018
Organization: Androscoggin Valley Soil and Water Conservation District
Position: Project Assistant
Please submit a one-page cover letter detailing your experience related to the Project Assistant job description, a resume, and four references- in PDF format- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to mail your application, please send it to AVSWCD, 254 Goddard Rd. Lewiston, ME 04240.
Applications must be received by July 20th, 2018 at 5:00PM to be accepted. Please do not call with questions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The person filling this position should have a broad knowledge of, and interest in, natural resources and conservation issues. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred. This position requires being adaptable, working a variety of clients and partners, being able to solve problems, being able to work independently with minimal supervision, and being able to balance multiple assignments at once.
- This position will begin as part-time but could offer the opportunity to be promoted to full-time.
- Pay will start from $14.00- $16.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- This position will require some evening and weekend work for specially scheduled events.
- This position will require the use of a personal vehicle for certain assignments. All mileage associated with District work is reimbursed.
- The Project Assistant is encouraged to pursue ideas for programs that interest them.
- Strong Microsoft Office, G Suite, and Facebook skills are necessary.
- Website design and maintenance experience is preferred (the District uses Weebly).
- Quickbooks skills are preferred.
- Experience in creating flyers, newsletters, and outreach material is preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills-- this position will require communicating with many people from diverse backgrounds and through different platforms. Writing, speaking, and presentation skills should be strong.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills-- this position requires the juggling of many tasks. It is crucial to be able to plan appropriately for deadlines while also completing day-to-day work.
- Having a strong set of accounting, Quickbooks, business management, budgeting, or mathematic skills will be highly regarded.
- Event planning experience would be helpful but not critical. Training will be available.
- Outreach experience; this position will be involved with writing press releases, running the District Facebook page, updating the website, writing and designing quarterly newspapers and flyers.
Posted July 9th, 2018
Organization: Tetra Tech, Inc. - Portland Office
Position: Wetland Scientist/Field Lead
Posted February 15th, 2018
To list your job posting, please contact the webmaster.