Registration is now open for the Connecticut Association of Wetland Scientists (CAWS) 2015 Annual Meeting and Environmental Conference, to be held Thursday, March 19 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Southbury, CT.
Presentations at this year's program will cover...
- Clean Water Act Regulations: Understanding Federal Jurisdiction
- Riparian Vegetation Buffers and Functions/Values and Restoration
- Duck Pond Wetland Restoration
- Bioavailability of Organic N Entering Small, Shallow Embayments
- Resource Protection or Regulatory Taking? The Role of Mitigation
- Ecological Restoration of a Brownfields Site in Fairfield, CT
- History of Wetlands Wildlife Regulation and Case Law
- Climate Change and Extreme Weather Vulnerability Pilot Project
Plus: grant reports, vernal pool monitoring update, and an exhibitor hall featuring displays by vendors and conservation organizations. Certificates of Completion will be provided (please see the brochure for more info on CEUs).
Here's an agenda of the day's events, with speakers and schedule.
Registration is $65 for CAWS members (learn more about membership!), $80 for non-members, and $35 for students (with ID), and includes continental breakfast and buffet lunch.
To pay by check, please use the registration form and return by mail. You can also register online with a credit or debit card. Please register by March 13.
Exhibitors welcome! Make an impression on nearly 200 people involved in the study and management of wetlands and other conservation lands! Contact email@example.com for more information.
THANK YOU for your support of CAWS and for spreading the word about this event!